1. In a large saucepan on medium heat add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil along with the onion.
2. Cook for a few minutes before adding the garlic and red chilli.
3. Next add the ground turmeric, cumin seeds, ground coriander, ground cumin, chilli powder, tomato puree and salt.
4. Add the butternut squash cubes and carrots and coat evenly in the spices before adding the coconut milk and tinned tomatoes.
5. Let simmer for 5 minutes before adding the chickpeas, split peas and red and green lentils.
6. Top up with vegetable stock and combine.
7. Leave to simmer for 25 – 30 minutes stirring frequently.
8. Finish by adding the spinach and combining until wilted.
9. Serve with brown rice, multi-seed flatbreads and a dollop of live yoghurt.
10. Garnish with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime juice.