Chocolate and Hazelnut Tart
Serves: 12 Prep: 10 minutes | Cook: 15 mins
- 1 packet Bio&Me Cocoa & Hazelnut Granola 80ml
- Olive oil
- 3 sticky medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or bean paste
- 1 tin full fat coconut milk
- 1 tin full fat coconut milk thick part only (reserve water for a curry or smoothie)
- 200g dark 70% chocolate
- 60ml smooth hazelnut butter
- 2 tbs date syrup (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 160°C Fan.
- Lightly oil a 20cm tart case.
- In a high-powered food blender add the Granola, blitz until a rough flour. Should not take long. If you only have a regular food processor, that’s fine but the mix will be coarser.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse until combine.
- Empty into the tart case and press in with your finger. A cup measure or a spoon.
- Place in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- In a large pan add all the ingredients for the filling and heat very gentle until combine and silky smooth.
- When the tart case is ready remove from the oven and allow to cool a little before pouring the filling in using a jug.
- Allow the tart to cool down for 15 minutes and sprinkle around the edge the chopped hazelnuts.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight to set.
- When you are ready to serve remove from the fridge and allow to come to sit for 15 -30 minutes before serving.
- You can serve with whipped cream or Bio&Me gut-loving vanilla yogurt.